Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
CN42F5M03C

Good day everyone

I have a HP Designjet T520 with error B3414C45, this error comes up soon I plug the power cable. I have tried to remove all inks, clean the Machine, reset all connectivity cables at main board, this message does not clear up with a power reset, unplugging it from the wall or anything else.  I have searched the internet and through the service manuals and find no mention of an error message like this at all.  Has anyone ever encountered something like this and can provide me with a direction of where to look?  Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

90% of the time it is the usb thumb drive which is the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Replace this part

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282530653509   it is inside the ploter on usb slot 

HP Recommended

Hi Saspenklc

I found it (USB dongle) on the main PCA, I will order it and I will be back with feedback

Regards

HP Recommended

Before ordering from Ebay, see if available from hp parts in your location.

Most times the issue is a bad firmware usb thumb drive mounted on the main board. They are available from hp parts for 25.00US  which is the way I would first go since it is a lot cheaper then the main board which comes with the same drive.  The part number is CQ890-67105.

Just go to the link below and put the part number in to order.

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid=

Do a google search for the service manual and you have to remove the main pca board and on the back side is where the drive is mounted. If the drive does not work, then the complete main pca will have to be replaced as new pca's come with the drive all ready installed.

HP Recommended

Hi D.

Thanks for the advice. The item is available on my hp parts location and they quoted me this morning. According you suggestetion i think is better to buy the PCA because of distance with HP supplier.

Regards

HP Recommended

90% of the time it is the usb thumb drive which is the issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks

After replacing usb thumb the error is gone. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.