Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z5200 Postscript
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to set the Z5200 to be optimized for images instead of drawings and text.

When we print from Photoshop it shows in accounting as optimized for images, however when we use HP Click it shows as optimized for drawings and text.

We are printing photos on canvas and various papers and it makes no difference. Is there a setting somewhere to force optimized for images. We have looked in the drivers and can not work it out. Please see attached image.

85014318-7071-4ED2-92F5-E01C3D635F97.png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

try my steps :

1. use hp utility to create the icc profile. make sure pick   fine art media, canvas ,  then make sure printer changed to

the new media name.   when finish, lt utility update the icc profile.

( it will calibrate the media & create custom icc profile...   name it  )

2. in photoshop, after you edit the image to best quality, pick 300dpi, also sharpen image.

the go to edit   ...   converto to     the icc profile you created.

3. before you print.... go to print setting..... use custom option to setup print size..   from
   quality     use     best ...   pick layout     portrait or landscape

4. after all...   click ok & go back to print screen.

5.    use    photoshop  to manage  color (   not printer ),   then pick the icc profile   you created.

print small size first & see how print quality come out....

ps :   use   photoshop double layers ,    then unsharpen,    then  merge visible image can have better quality.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have made an icc profile for my canvas already. I usually save the edited image from photoshop as a JPG file and then use HP Click to print the image. If I print from Photoshop it shows as optimized for images, if I print from HP Clock it shows optimized for drawings and text. It is the same image just printed using a different method. I wast HP click to use the optimized for images setting.

HP Recommended

myself use photoshop cs5 at least 8 hours daily... no other program to print....

I also used CS6, photoshop CC 2019, 2020 etc, but got problems in print size, not 100% reliable.

to print photos, I use the hp canvas texture paper & quality amazingly sharp, beautiful. but must

use   glossy enhancer option   , otherwise    ink dried & came loose..

my printer is Z3200 44"... but your z5200 use the same #70 inks & printheads...

HP Recommended

Hi, the print quality is not an issue. It prints perfectly. It is just the setting to optimized for images I would like to have set properly instead on drawings/text. It works with PS but I want to print with HP Click as it is better and easy to use for printing multiple images together.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.