Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T795
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a lot of issues with cutter on this plotter.

Sometimes, plotter is stuck at the beginning of cutting. Blade is lowered correctly but when entering the groove of blade against metallic guide, the  carriage can´t move because it needs a lot of force (after error, tried to move it manually and needed just too much effort).

Other times, the cutter has problems after cutting and going back to left side. The blade is not lifted, enters the groove and just can´t continue.

The whole design concept of this cutter seems to me so bad because requires too much effort to move blade. 

Maybe I am missing something?

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Tried with another cutter and it was the same. I think it has to do with friction on the back of the carriage. When blade is engaged, the carriage rotates a few degrees to leave space to blade engaged but there is some stopper on the back of the carriage that goes against an slanted metallic guide. When this stopper press the slanted guide, it seems there is too much friction.  Tried to grease it and grease the channels where the blade goes up/down but still no luck. Maybe this stopper should be changed? 

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

the cutter automatically activicated, if you entered the medias like paper medias. Then if media was entered as   canvas    & cutter will cut after print finished & stucked (  because media was too thick )

there was a option in    Print setting by the   ink...    disable cutter.... cutter will not activated no matter what medias )

PS : I have 1 cutter from Z3200 44"  , it gave me error ... then I replaced with other same type... ok..
I checked it & all looked fine......anyway I have about 5 in spares.....l

HP Recommended

There is a rubber "0" ring that holds the paper and gives tension for cutting. These rollers wear over time and then you need to replace the cutter. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Tried with another cutter and it was the same. I think it has to do with friction on the back of the carriage. When blade is engaged, the carriage rotates a few degrees to leave space to blade engaged but there is some stopper on the back of the carriage that goes against an slanted metallic guide. When this stopper press the slanted guide, it seems there is too much friction.  Tried to grease it and grease the channels where the blade goes up/down but still no luck. Maybe this stopper should be changed? 

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.