Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DESIGNJET 800PS
macOS 10.15 Catalina

UP UNTIL LAST WEEK EVERYTHING WAS OK,THEN NOTHING .WHEN I GO TO PRINTER PROPERTIES IT SHOWS THAT THE PRINTER IS THERE .I HAVE IT CONNECTED BOTH WITH VIRTUAL USB AND THRU IP BOTH ARE FAILING TO PRINT.

I REPLACED THE NETWORK CARD AND STILL NOTHING ,WHEN I USE THE HP DR IT STILL FAILS.

THE ONLY ERROR CODE WHICH HASN'T SHOWN UP ON THE SCREEN BUT WHEN I LOOK AT ERROR CODES ALL I HAVE FROM

6/14/20 -ERROR #79:04

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Win 10 update to blame...try and roll back the update..or see if Microsoft have fixed the issue in a newer update.

HP Recommended

i'VE BEEN ON THE PHONE AND COMPUTER WITH HP AND THE HAVE GIVEN ME ALL TYPES OF POSSIBLE FIXES BUT NOTHING HAS HELPED ,I GUESS I HAVE TO TRY TO ROLL BACK IF I CAN.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thx i read It and all that it means that we have to wait ,I';m going to try a small laptop with win 8.5 and see if i can make due till something comes out

HP Recommended

Floridaman

Ive tried the windows patches 

which ones are you referencing?

HP Recommended

There is more than one patch and you have to use the correct one according to your W10 system specs and version.

HP Recommended

I've tried the 1903 and the 1909 which they recommend for win 10 and nothing printed I even tried to load the 1803 and 1809 but that wouldn't even load up

HP Recommended

there are several versions of the 1903 and 1909 patches, you have to pick the correct one for your system and version.

HP Recommended

I know i literally went thru each on and tried them the only ones that worked were for the smaller printers when i tried to print in large format it couldn't only the test pages work 11 x 8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.