Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet 110 Plus
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello there, I am having trouble with my DesignJet 110 Plus.  I am not getting much black ink, if any, on my prints.  I have a full black ink cartridge and I've cleaned the print head several times.  I am not getting any print head failure indicators on the front panel.  After each cleaning the machine performs a head alignment.  The first page will show some  black marks--very few--in the black region.  The wide border around the print test is streaky gray; darkest at the beginning of the print, less as the print develops.  The second and third pages show almost no black...if not none at all.

When I've cleaned the print heads I've used distilled water and soft cloth.  I've cleaned the entire print head, the ink cartridge nozzle, and all the connecting ports on the printer.  

I'm also interested in know some of the panel functions.  I've figured out that holding the power button and pressing the okay button executes different functions, but I can't find a list of different functions.  Any help with that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Forget about printhead cleaning, you will need to replace all 4 of your printheads, that will fix print quality issues.

Regarding the front panel function tests, you can find information here.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you much!  I'll change the print heads.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.