Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet 510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So.. this thread is just to report what the issue was on this DesignJet 510 that did not align as seen on the topic : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Designjet-510-wont-a...

So.. i did everything i could remember.. replaced print-heads... service station.. encoders...checked belt.. but.. when on a exchanged email with Bob from LPSComputer (great guy by the way.. and a true master on large format printers - https://www.lpscomputer.com/) he mentioned that many times it is the flex from the carriage that breaks.. and most commonly it is the black flex that goes first because it has more usage. So.. yes.. i ordered a DJ500/DJ510/DJ800 printhead carriage and replaced it.. et voilá.. it works.. it's fixed! It is the darn flex as Bob mentioned... 

This took a while because of the covid19 situation .. spares take a huge time to arrive now.

By the way.. does anyone here knows where to get those printhead carriage flexs? It's a shame to replace the whole carriage when it is only the flex that it is damaged... (not to mention how much cheaper it would be)..

Kind regards to all..

Cesar

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Google search HP Designjet 510 trailing cable they are cheap, you could repair it way cheaper.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

You miss understood.. it was not the trailing cable i as referring when i mentioned "flexs" (and i have replaced that too).. I was referring to the the flex that touches the printhead's contacts which is assembled on the carriage. It would be nice to have some of those flexs... 

HP Recommended

My mistake sorry, I know what you are referring now, they can't be ordered, they only come in a complete carriage.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.