mbeard0909
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

DesignJet T100 keeps unloading paper roll

HP Recommended
HP T100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone else experienced constant paper roll unload and  "rewinding""?  This happened randomly in the last week or two and today I can't get anything to print.  This T100 was a quick/cheap replacement for a longstanding T120 and is only a few months old.  I've tried 4 different rolls of paper thinking that may be an issue.  The multi-sheet tray is working fine, but every time I reload the 24" roll (successfully per dialog box)  it will cancel the job and rewind itself very fast after 10 or so seconds of printing.  I already have the latest drivers, etc.

Help....

6 REPLIES 6
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,673 5,657 668 931
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How about printers internal pages how are they printed on the roll, and does it rewind after printing internal pages?

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
mbeard0909
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This also happens on internal prints on the roll too. 

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,673 5,657 668 931
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any chance you are doing something wrong when loading media as a roll/single sheet?

If I understand good your printer starts to print on the roll and after 10 seconds of printing stops and cancels the job and rewinds paper both when printing from a computer and internal pages?

Restore printer to factory defaults, update firmware if there is a newer version available from hp.com

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
mbeard0909
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have tried all these steps and I’m loading the paper as I’ve normally done plenty of times before. Ieve even tried 4 different new rolls of paper. I even removed the printer from my pc and reinstalled it again as a new setup. 

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,673 5,657 668 931
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing internal pages from the printers menu can help determine if there a printer related issue or computer related issue. If your printer internal pages aren't printer as the should there is nothing wrong with your computer/drivers.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
tjcaine
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, except I just took the printer out of the box and I haven't been able to print anything from a roll. 

It prints two lines on a 24" roll, then it starts canceling the print and says the roll must be unloaded. 

Are you printing via a wireless connection? 

Any other thoughts on this out there? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation