Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought a new Designjet T120 and it is not printing a full page.....parts of the drawing are cut off and not printing. I have looked at the previous posts and does not appear to help with my problem....

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you are printing from Adobe, go to File > Print > Advance > Print as image

Then print the file

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi, 

i have the same problem.  I just bougt the plotter. 

my sistem:    imac, OSX 10.11.6 - printer HP designjet T120 - installed with newest driver - wireless connection

I tried to print PDF of 24" x 40" out of Mac-PDF-viewer

it prints only one edge of the plan of about 8" x 8" , then cuts off the paper

what can we do ?

Ifit is a spooling problem - how could I define that the jobs would be spooled on the computer, NOT on the Plotter ?

Manuel 

HP Recommended

You can't simply press print  & print whatever you want.

Before you print, you must define your paper size properly... if you going to printer 24" x 40"

Define your media   24" wide in portrait mode, then 40" high.... chose print quality ... the save it & press ok..

Before you press print & makr sure your image was shown properly.... otherwise check all carefully again...

if you going to print same size all the time, go to your printer property & print preference... enter all infos

from above....  save    n apply..........

Read your printer user manual & do some home works.....

HP Recommended

Hi, Jason

I am using Plotting  since 1997 and of course I put the paper size at 24" x 40"  to print this PDF 

the dialog says me that it would even fit on 102% but I defined "print entire image" - so it would print at 100% 

HP Recommended

No matter what, if print not printed properly which indicated the paper size not defined properly or not printed properly by

programs etc .....

Try to use other program like Photoshop    to print & see what happen..

HP Recommended

ok, thank you - printing from Lightroom was ok

But I should print Plan from PDF 

HP Recommended

and I tried as well from ARCHICAD 20 - same result as from PDF - it cuts the image 

It prints even LESS THAN A LETTER-SIZE PAPER

HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

I am using Adobe CS6 on a Mac os x 10.11, I don’t see the option File>Advance.

I am having the same problem with my t120, I am printing a 17” x 59” from a roll, and it is only printing a 6” x 9” portion, then the t120 cuts the paper off. Wasted so much paper and ink already, always comes out the same way.

Gig Depio

HP Recommended

Did you ever get this to work?  I'm having the same issue.  I've tried defining the page size printing as pdf or slide, I don't have Adobe installed.  I've tried defining the page size in the printer settings, and all it does is print a small version in the middle of a poster sized paper, or printing one portion of the poster on poster-sized paper.  I'm burning throught my roll.  Any advice?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.