Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet Z5200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I swapped out Windows 10 1607 PC for a Windows 10 1703 that is connected to the Z5200 44". The windows 10 1607 can still can print to Z5200 but only from USB connection. I am using 2013 version of Publisher on the older PC.

Windows 10 1703 machine can print black and white from with in Microsoft's publisher 2016. I  used HP Designjet Z5200 Post Script Install 61.101.42.00. I can print color from a web page. Connected via the network

Windows 10 1703 get error 61:01 "Wrong File Format" when I use the driver  HP Designjet Z5200ps PCL3 Installer 61.123.362.41. I at least see the color option in the print dialog with this driver. Connected via the network. I have tried PDF, JPEG and native publisher file.

I have tied downloading older versions of the driver.

is some option in microsoft publisher that may be causing the issue?

Can anyone point me in a new direction? Thanks

I have read the forums and there seems to a fair amount of 61:01 Wrong File Format error. But there is not a definate answer for my situation.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Basically this issue is with file format issue. what you can do as work around is with use as bit map from the driver..or chnage the file type with differnt file format and inaddition reduce the DPI of the file/image.

if still issue perists i would recomend to go with PS  , ex: RIP

HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error: 61:01 Wrong File Format Cause: The file format is incorrect and the Printer cannot process the job.

Solution:

Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord.

Reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer.

Check the graphic language setting of the Printer (Refer to the User's Guide).

Resend the file to the printer.

Check that the Printer has the latest Firmware version. If not, update the Firmware to the latest version.

The PostScript™ fonts are missing. Upgrading the Firmware will re-install the fonts.

The file cannot be printed because it is password protected. Resend the file without password protection.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.