Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

After sending a large bitmap-containing print to the plotter I got a printer error. This often happens with complex print jobs; but this time the error won't clear. I tried removing and re-installing the accessory card (the card with the 2½" HD and RAM mounted) as advised by HP, but the error hasn't cleared. Any ideas? This would seem to simply be a software matter, so I ought to be able to clear it. Also, do you think I should upgrade the RAM to perhaps guard against some future errors?

Many thanks

Gnq

Plotter formatter card 1 (Small).jpg

Plotter formatter card 2 with HD (Small).jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Remove the accessory card and gently clean the contacts on the edge of the card and then reinsert. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Repairtrooper

I'm really grateful for you taking the time to offer help. I will attempt a clean, as you suggest. But the card doesn't have contacts—instead it has the female push-fit socket mounted to its board, so I will need to clean the contacts that must be inside the machine's cavity. The photos I uploaded were pics of the card, but for some reason I don't know, they are not showing. I will have another go at showing pics of the card I removed and re-inserted (twice).

I'd be interested in your thoughts on why the error happened after trying to print a complex multi-layered bitmap/vector combination. My thoughts are still that I need some sort of software factory restore.

Gnq

Plotter formatter card 1.jpg

Plotter formatter card 2 with HD.jpg

HP Recommended

Again, no pictures uploading! I will have one last attempt, this time with reduced pixels.

Plotter formatter card 2 with HD (Small).jpg

HP Recommended

no more miseries, find a pc with windows 7, then install pcl driver for that printer.....

remove that accssory board, press enter    when 05:10 appears..try....

HP Recommended

Hi RubenSanchez

I don't understand what you mean. How would installing a PCL driver on a Windows 7 computer help? Are you saying, remove the accessory card altogether an never use it? (but it carries RAM and the HD); then only ever use the Windows 7 machine for printing?

Many thanks

Nick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.