Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 1050C
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can't seem to get my PC to recognise the printer. I thought it was, but probably just seeing it as far as the drivers being there. The service print has error codes refering to the jetdirect card, also says I/O CARD NOT READY/ INCOMPLETE F/W -MUST DOWNLOAD

So, I thought I would take out the jetdirect and go with parallel adapter to USB- When I did that, I could get the printer screen to flash "RECEIVING" for about 4-5 times, then nothing. Comes up as error in print que

Any thoughts would be appreciated- Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Maurice,,

I would hook up your printer and ethernet cable to your router and follow this video. This will reset your card. Your default gateway will be your internet router. This will be much faster than usb as far as recieving and sending print files.

Do the steps he shows you on resetting the card and you should be able to bring the printer card up on computer screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIV4w29H8w4

let us know what happens.....

HP Recommended

Unfortunetly, the printer in the vid is different than mine, so the commands on the printer itself work differently as well. When I try to get in to the printer through the web browser, the connection times out and doesn't connect. There are a lot of settings on my printer that I'm not sure are set right, like

CONFIGURE NETWORK

CONFIGURE TCP/IP

BOOTP

DHCP

IPX/SPX

DLC/LLC

ETALK

Thats the majority, thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.