Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need Help, printer was working fine until i did a firmware update, then on boot up i get error 24:10. I have researched the crap out of this and i believe i need to install the latest firmware. I currently have 14.1.1.1 and need to go to 14.1.1.5. Problem is i cant figure out how to update the firmware if the printer wont fully boot up. I have gone into the doagnostic menu, option 10, I/O information and then go to the EWS on my computer but there is no option for firware update. It only has "Network" screen on the EWS of the printer. How can i update the firmware from diagnostic mode of the printer? I've tried connecting direct with firewire but can seem to figure that out either. Any help is greatly appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

1. Save the fmw file from the download page.
2. Make a copy of all the accounting data, as it will be deleted with this installation.
3. Go to the Embedded Web Server (type the IP address of the printer from any Web browser as Internet Explorer) and click on the Setup tab.
4. Select the Firmware upgrade.
5. Click on browse button to point to the newer firmware file(.fmw).
6. Click on the update button and follow the instructions.

Please make sure that the file has been correctly downloaded by checking the MD5 Checksum.
It should be "c1f5abd6d787efb0833fc361f190f7" Also, make sure there are no empty spaces on the firmware file name (e.g. GW_14_01_01.5.fmw), otherwise the firmware update will fail and the message "Invalid file or Not enough space" will be displayed on the Front Panel. In this case, rename the file without whitespaces (e.g. GW_14_01_01.5.fmw).

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

That is how i did the last update, however when i log into the EWS now there is only the NETWORK tab and there are no other tabs to choose. The printer does not full turn on because of the error, is this why i only see the NETWORK tab? I have tried powering up in diagnostic mode but i still see the same thing when i log onto the EWS page.

HP Recommended

Hello,

What is the exact error code?

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

24:10  I have run through the broken bag check and all other options the service manual recommends. Alot of them say it could be firmware. Before i go and start buying parts i wanted to update the firmware and see if that is the solution.

HP Recommended

Hello,

for the broken bag, the HW checking it needs an HW check , 

„ Remove the Ink Cartridges and check for ink leakage in the ISS area.
„ Perform the "Bag Broken Recovery" Diagnostic

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I have done all that, still same result

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.