Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 500 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening to all,

I recently purchased an HP Designjet 500 Plus plotter to print blueprints for modeling.

The cartridges dating from 2011, this one have all been replaced by cartridges of the brand in 130ml.
I mostly need yellow and black for my impressions. The problem is that even after replacing the cartridges I end up with colors that do not match.

The blue and magenta print heads are no problem for me and print perfectly.

Note that I pulled out the heads to clean them following the HP procedure, but it doesn’t seem to have worked.
How do I get out of this at a lower cost? I was going to let her print for a while, hoping the old ink would come out of the pipes, what do you think?

Thank you in advance,
Regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yellow on the left, black on the right

2.jpg

HP Recommended

you would need to replace the printheads AND make sure there is no air in the ink tubes..otherwise once the initial ink in the head is used up you will be back where you started...

HP Recommended

Good evening,

I am offered two heads of prints brand HP new and still under blister at a very interesting price, unfortunately both heads are outdated of 2017. What is the risk of installing new but outdated heads?

Regards

HP Recommended

you should first make sure all inktubes have no air bubbles ..( use a syringe to draw inks out )

then after insert printheads & perform  printhead alignment.... if it pass.... then perform   color calibration.

if both test passed & your printer should be fine.

before  you print, make sure pick proper icc profile....according to your photos,,   SRGB     should be fine.

Myself used DJ500, DJ800 for many years & all were fine  .   ( except inks fadings )

Now I use Z3200 44" & have 2 running all the time. my favorite... but more troubles to maintain right
colors,   6 printheads & 12 colors  .

good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.