Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Designjet 800.  It only gets used a few times a year and was last used a few months ago. It is always on. I have updated W 10 (64 bit) since the last use though that might not be the issue. I am not able to print a test page or print to it from any software installed. Running the test page I get the error message Operation could not be completed (error 0x000000cb). The system could not find the environment option that was entered.  As far as I can see the driver is up to date and no error message on the plotter. I see similar posts in the past but have not yet found a solution that works.

Device manager says it is working just fine. I have turned the plotter on and off a couple of times but that made no difference. 

UPDATE 

I ran the HP print and scan doctor 5.3.1 and discovered from there that the Design jet 800 is now listed an not supported on the HP site showing list of Windows compatible printers. Maybe this is a result of W10 updates. Does anyone have a work around? I really don't need to get a new plotter but it seems a shame to scrap the old one.

Any help appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It's a W10 update, uninstall update on your computer to earlier and you can use your device again.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

No, I need up to date W 10 for other reasons. I need a workaround the updates which are here to stay.

HP Recommended

Check out page 2 of this thread:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/HP-Design-Jet-800-no...

Lots of good info re: Win10  recent update(s) and its' effect on Designjet 800 printers.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.