Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T3500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a Printer driver, interface or App that allows customers of Commercial Users of Designjet plotters to create PDFs or plot files for roll plots, E size or custom size plots?

Would like also to upload to use on iOS 9 devices too.

I want to create a roll plot of a family tree to send to Fed Ex. But none of my printer drivers or software drivers allows me to create a PDF for a roll plot. As written above I am looking for a driver to create the roll plot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

Try installing Chrome. When you select print there should be an option to print to PDF.
That will allow you to save the file then email it.

Now take in consideration that the resolution might not bee to high. Check with the website what is the highest resolution possible. The higher the better
Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi

A printer driver will not do that.
What q printer driver do is allow a computer to talk to the printer.

What you need is any application that will allow you to save as PDF.
Word, Power Point, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator are some of the applications that will allow you to do that. There are many more.

What you need to make sure is that the file is safe on a good resolution so u get a clear image, not pixels

On what application are you planing to create the family tree?
Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Thank you Mikeg81 for responding so quickly. 

I use the Ancesrty.com web site to create my tree, using either Safari or Edge. On the website I select the type of chart that I want populated from my database.  When I select Print,  Ancestery.com is looking at the printers that I have installed, which currently are a Canon Pixma and the other is an Epson. Both are only able to select standard paper sizes no larger than legal size.

That is why I was asking about a printer driver, app or interface where the website would be looking at parameters for a roll plot or custom size. 

Cmcdonald824

HP Recommended
Hi,

Try installing Chrome. When you select print there should be an option to print to PDF.
That will allow you to save the file then email it.

Now take in consideration that the resolution might not bee to high. Check with the website what is the highest resolution possible. The higher the better
Best regards

Mike G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.