Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T100 24"
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi there,

I just got myself a T100 24" plotter recently.

A little history, I bought an old Designjet 600 back in college from a used electronics recycler and managed to get a Windows XP driver working for it. It was such a solid beast. Moved from the Bay Area to Canada and back and kept printing perfectly all the way. Well, it was one of those "smack it in the side just right" kind of things. Anyway, I was super excited that I could get back into having my own plotter at the price point of the T100 as I still think paper drawings are an important part of the creative process.

Here's my issue/issues. 

-I can't for the life of me find a Mac driver for it from HP. I feel like I've looked everywhere. All I can find is the "HP Click" software. If I export to a PDF, then I can through it in there and print it like that, but that obviously won't work longterm. Adding an extra step every time I needed to print a revision is not going to work. Plus dealing with drafting/design software margins for PDF, then for the printer I'm not confident I can keep accurate scale. I downloaded all the HP drivers you can from Apple and set it up using the T120 driver, but it doesn't give me any options control, like autorotate, see problem #2 below.

-Secondly, How do you auto-rotate 11x17 in the multi-sheet tray??? I had a huge problem with this while setting up my partner's Windows 10 PC to print on 11x17 in landscape. When you change it in the driver (windows) it says it can only rotate the roll, not the multi-sheet tray. I'm also having the same problem on Mac (with the T120 driver.) Same error.

I got into the embedded web interface (hp##bad####c##.local./ ) but there aren't really any settings I can change in there either.

I'm pretty sure it was easier to install the old 600 on an OS it was never designed for then it has been so far for this thing on two officially supported operating systems. 

I'm just totally lost trying to set this thing up. Anyone have one of these? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks so much.

PS Sorry for the username. I created the account a few days ago in the middle of writing an angry post about the windows thing. Decided not to send that one.

PPS The link on "quick tips to get the best answers" is broken: (javascript:void(0);)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Well, I attracted the attention of a moderator to change my username, but not anyone who might shed some light on my problem.

Anyone?

Thanks again in advance.

-Chris

HP Recommended

Hi! Same issue here. Did you ever get it to work? Will teh T120 driver work within Mac OS? 

When it said MAC Compatible, i assumed with a driver, not that HP Click program. Feel tricked in buying this. 

- PNG files are not supported in HP Click? Why not?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.