Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T120
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have a DesignJet T120. I'm printing drafting, or trying to...

This wasn't a problem until I had to update driver. 

Have a 24" roll installed on the printer.

Want to print on ARCH C (18x24), with the long edge (24") being the 24" side of my drafting.

Used to have a FACTORY option for printing ARCH C Long Edge, now I don't, just ARCH C.

I DO NOT WANT TO CREATE A CUSTOM SIZE. DRAWINGS MUST PRINT IN SCALE. When I create a custom size, the drawing is either not in scale or the image is cropped off. Also, It sends error messages back from printer saying that the roll is mismatched size. Can hit 'Print Anyway' but this is a pain. There has to be a better way - I know there is - it used to work that way. 

NO matter the settings in print dialogue, portrait, landscape, etc. nothing works.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

please download hp click link below

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t120-printer/5263073

you can find under software utility.

this software will resolve your issues related to printing

trust me 

thanks

HP Recommended

@HJ47,

I Have already downloaded this.

It didn't work. Can you be more specific as to how it will resolve my issue?

HP Recommended

@Nubourne 

Hello,

For trackers you can try to search for support by clicking on the following link: HP DesignJet large-format printers | HP® United States.

I can try to help you, please check the print settings as stated in the following HP document:
HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Advanced print settings 

Do not hesitate to ask us if you need.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

This document did not help.

I need to be able to have the driver rotate the image.

Removing the blank areas did nothing.

I used to have an option in the paper settings to select ARCH C Long Edge. Now, there is no such thing, just ARCH C.

This is the only plotter I have ever used that a check box didn't exist in the finishing menu that allowed you to rotate 90 degrees. Every HP, Epson and Canon plotter I have used. So I know it is possible.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Nubourne 

Thank you for your return,

You may be able to save some roll paper and print your A2 files across an A1 paper roll by using the following options:

• In the Windows driver dialog: Select the Features tab and then Remove top/bottom blank areas and/or Rotate by 90 degrees or Autorotate.
  • In the Mac OS X Print dialog: Select the Finishing panel, then Remove Top/Bottom Blank Areas.

I hope that will help you.

Otherwise, I recommend you contact the support for your printer via the link of my previous post.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.