Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T2500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've been asked to investigate  an issue with our T2500 perinter where the machine is constantly asking to reseat the printhead.

On inspecting the carriage assembly it appears that when the blue lever arm is snapped into place it won't lie properly flat and it appears that the ink receptors aren't sitting flush with the printhead. However before the blue lever is lowered everything looks square /OK.

Have checked the carriage assembly generally and nothing appears missing or broken. Is this simply a case of a new printhead being required or is there another problem which we are not aware of?

Any information to help us resolve this would be useful...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If only happening to one printhead, odds are that printhead needs to be replaced. That said check the flex connector in the back of the slot the printhead goes into. Make sure all the pins are clean and at the same time check the back side of the printhead for the connection points that mate with those connectors in the carraige.

HP Recommended

Hi David, and Original poster,

This is an all colours in a Single PH unit so there is no individual printhead with Flex cables.

If you have an older version the Blue Latch did not have a locking mechanism to hold it down, so, if it is not staying down then you will need to replace the Printhead.

Before installing a new PH you should do 2 things:

1: Clean the connections on the carriage where the Back of the PH connects.

2: Please ensure that the ends of the tubes (silver tips) and the holes in the printhead are lubricated (lightly dampened with water is fine) so that they go in easily and completely.

When you first lower latch -HOLD it down- for 30 seconds and then any air pressure holding the latch up should be evened out.

Close the top cover and hopefully the new PH is accepted. 

Good Luck

Roy K

HP Recommended

Problem sorted.

Updated firmware from boot,  and removed original printhead. Cleaned and lubricated all ink receptors on carriage assembly and went through regular printhead replacement procedure. Replaced the old printhead with a brand new printead.

All working fine now.

HP Recommended

I have an HP T2500 and have gone through 5 print heads and still have to reseat printhead after  10 prints.  I am able to load the existing printhead again each time. 

Every time a load a new printhead, I waste 3 oz of ink.  This is costing me a lot of money.  

Any help would be welcome.   Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.