Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T920

89:03 Stacker ramps motor error

I performed the stacker ramps motor diagnostic test to troubleshoot the problem further. There was a grinding noise due to broken tooth on the gear.  Test failed. I replaced the stacker ramps motor, rerun the stacker ramps motor test with wheels. It failed again, so I ran the test again with out wheels and it passed. So can anyone tell me why this motor test fails with the wheels. The machine is running now with no error of the 89:03. Just curious why it fails diagnostic test with wheels? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

did you try to upgrade to latest firmware version?

BR

Juan

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

As an ASP for 18 years any time that i work on any plotter the first thing i always check is firmware. The machine had the latest firmware on it. I replaced the ramp motor and still got the error during the diagnostic test with ramp wheels then i performed again without the ramp wheels and it passed. So I called the customer and the error has not returned. I took the other motor apart and found a broken tooth on the gear. So if you have ANY solution it would be appreciated. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, have you got any solution to this problem? Thanks

HP Recommended

There are two types of stacker ramps. Ones with wheels and ones without. If you run diag for with wheels and your printer does not have ramp wheels the diag will fail and also for the other way around. If your not sure look closely at the top of the ramps and you will see wheels if it has them. Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with the same plotter model. However I tested the RAMPS motor and encoder feedback (I have a lab with scope) and everything works as expected (double square wave train signal shifted 90 degrees to track motion direction and speed generated by IR encoder assy mounted on top of motor through 4 pin connector). Engine runs smoothly and no gears are damaged. When running the diagnostic the RAMPS motor doesn't even budge or attempt to move, it just fails directly both tests. I suspect a main PCB driver ASSY failure (probably a shorted H bridge). The problem appeared immeidately after a power Outage. We will be replacing the Driver PCB ASSY board but would like to hear from anyone if the problem could be caused by something else. All SMD fuses on the driver board are functional. Thanks for any feedback!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.