Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T920

Need help with factory reset. Plotter on new network with new SA that do not have UN/PW.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Jay269 

A factory reset doesn't reset the user name nor password, what is necessary to do is a reset to the access control, to do it you need to access the service menu(3174) then to go under service utilities and select reset access control, this will reset the embedded web server access.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for that, but that's the problem I need a work-around for. The services menu has a UN/PW and it preventing me from getting anywhere. SA are non-existent this weekend obviously.

Thank you for the reply. 

HP Recommended

Hi, understood.

The service menu doesn't have a way to request credentials so it is very strange, it only requires the pin number, however in that case what you need to do is an EEROM reset from the diagnostics menu. Check the attachment on how to reach it, then select EEROM reset and test again after that.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.