Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet Z2100

Hello All,

I have a customer with a  designjet Z2100 that is getting stuck in initialization when it gets to 17% and the FSCK gets to 27%. Customer mentioned they had a power outage and when they tried to restart the plotter it began to get hung up.

I have found some suggestions on the forums stating that starting the plotter without the printheads, ink carts and paper has resulted in the plotter initializing properly so I will try that today.

I'm wondering if any of you have seen this issue previously and have any information you could pass along to get this machine printing again.

Thank you for any information you can pass along.

Jim

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try reseating the formatter too.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Mike,

Thank you for responding. I tried reseating the formatter when the customer first asked me about this plotter when I was working on another printer for him. I was figuring there must be a problem with the formatter or hard drive so I pulled them and redeated them but the machine still hangs.

Customer got called into meetings today so I will have to go tomorrow and try starting it up without any concumables in it.

Thanks again.

Jim

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you get the problem resolved?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

I had had a chance to restart the plotter with all consumables and paper removed but still experienced the same problem.

Customer asked to hold off on any further work for awhile until they were done with some projects. They just called and said they would like to reopen the repair and try to get this machine running.

With it getting stuck initializing at 17%, I'm wondering if the formatter or the HDD is more likely to be causing the problem?

Thanks again for responding.

Jim 

HP Recommended

Were you able to fix it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.