Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z3100
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi.

My HP Designjet Z3100 will not boot (start) after about 1 month of non use. On power-up the system alarm sounds and the LCD lights but remains on 0%. The alarm keeps sounding intermittently. I have tried:

• Cold reset using rear switch to power on with up + ok buttons pressed
  • Boot with formatter removed - LCD lights, alarm does not sound but does not start - 0%
  • Remove and replace system clock battery

Can anyone please suggest what the fault could be or any further steps I can take to isolate the problem.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Possibly a corrupted harddrive? I would try running a drive verification and also flushing data from harddrive  

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks Repairtrooper. I'm certainly assuming the fault is at the formatter end. How does one run a drive verification and flush data if the printer will not boot? If removed can the drive be recognised on another opperating system - I have Mac  and Linux available.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

HP Recommended

HDD cannot be checked outside its own formatter (not even on another Z3100). Does not work on PC, Mac or whatever.

google for service manual, look for boot diagnostics (there is key sequence that will interrupt boot) and check disk from there.

HP Recommended

Many thanks (again) Jack844. I find I cannot enter the Service Test Utility as the printer does not respond to the front power switch so I have to use the rear power switch. If left on for a couple of minutes the alarm continues to sound intermittently, the progress indicator remains on 0% but eventually displays Error 08:11 which I understan is a front pannel/formatter error. Any suggestions please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.