Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z3200ps Photo
Microsoft Windows XP

Hello,

So my problem is that the printer won't boot up; the screen lights up but stays blank, and the power button's green light keeps blinking. I tried unplugging the printer for a few minutes, and when I plugged it back in, it beeped three times and nothing else happens.

I was printing a poster when it stopped because it needed a new cartridge ,which I didn't have in stock. Also, I noticed that the printer had randomly missed to printer a portion of the file it was printing. Anyway, I left the printer stayed on for a while and then I decided to cancel the printing as I would have to start it over anyway, and then turned the printer off. When I got the cartridge, I turned it on and that problem started there.

Also, a couple weeks before that, it did something similar when I lifted the top panel (barely), an after showing a warning about the panel, the screen wouldn't respond to any command. I unplugged the printer and when I turned it on, everything was fine.

Any advice on what could be the actual problem what the solution might be?

Thanks!

Max

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The first thing you want to do is remove the formatter with the power off.  Just loosen the 2 thumb screws, lift it out and then put it back in and try power again.  If still a blank screen on the top of the formatter are 3 lights labels I II III.  Let us know which of the lights are on or off or blinking.  In other words we need the status of each light as it will tell us what might be wrong.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. Now I will seem very dumb by saying this but powering off using the main switch instead of the power cord was sufficient to solve my problem..! However, I still have another one, color related, so I will post a new message on this. Again, thanks anyways!

HP Recommended

I tried pulling the Formatter out and putting it back and I get the same results.  The LED next to the I is blinking (II and III are not).

HP Recommended

Hiya, just found this thread and wonder if you can help me in anyway?

I can't power up my z3200, it has been acting weird and the screen froze while I was trying to do a cold reset.

Now the green power light is blinkng and  the 'I' led is on and the 'II' is flashing.I can;t do anythng at all and the computer won't find so that I can try to install the firmware.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I suspect your hardisk was bad..... try other formatter board & plug onto that printer to try...

you should know then....

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I followed your directions and now my printer has all three lights on in red. My screen says startup is at 100% but won't go any further. I'll take any advice on where to proceed from here.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.