Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z3200ps Photo
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi there,

I've had problems printing good-looking posters on my printer as the colors weren't exactly what I was seeing on my screen. Most of the colors looked great, but always seemed a bit cold, lacking the orange-red range of colors. I calbrated the printer twice and all the colors looks perfect. After many unseuccessful tries at handling the colors with HP Utility,

I decided to print a color chart with Red, Green, Blue, Cyan Magenta and Yellow. All the colors are almost perfect, except for the red; it printed almost black. What is that? How can I fix this? By the way, the Red cartridge is brand new, but it didn't handle the problem.

Thanks,

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I suspect your mat black & red printhead was bad...   replace it & try again. also color calibration for  your media

Make sure use proper icc profile for paper you use. myself using the HP everyday glossy photo or satin paper,

or glossy canvas. I use all hp glossy photo/satin with GE  icc profile & very happy with results.

My 2  Z3200 44" print the most beautiful, colorful, sharp posters, photos etc and I l also have 2 

z3100 &  print perfect as well

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I suspect your mat black & red printhead was bad...   replace it & try again. also color calibration for  your media

Make sure use proper icc profile for paper you use. myself using the HP everyday glossy photo or satin paper,

or glossy canvas. I use all hp glossy photo/satin with GE  icc profile & very happy with results.

My 2  Z3200 44" print the most beautiful, colorful, sharp posters, photos etc and I l also have 2 

z3100 &  print perfect as well

HP Recommended

I changed the print head and evrything is back to awesome! Thank you ery much jasonmiamifl!

HP Recommended

I knew it & glad your problem solved.

This is the best designjet printer I ever seen & used & print the most beautiful , sharp colors on photo, artistic papers & canvas.

Now I only enjoy the Z3100 & Z3200. no others. I bought all my Z3100 & Z3200 broken on Ebay & repaired them one by one . Now they all working in new  conditions.

I learned a lot & solved the most mysterious, crazy problems. if you search these models & might be able to find my posts

for helps, but were only solved by myself at the end.

HP Recommended

Great! As a matter of fact, I do have another problem with the printer... that you might me able to help me with. But I'll look through  the existing posts to find an answer, and if there isn't one already, I'll post a new message. In cfase you wanna look for it, it's about printing random blank area on a poster.

Again, thanks for you help!

Max

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.