Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to set the security settings for these 17  Designjet Z6200s and noticed that I need a user name and password to change any network of security settings. They must have been changed when other tech set them up and he is no longer here. How to I do a cold reset? And will this reset the admin password?

Just got a message to call HP  and Tech Steve told me there would be a charge for this support. These plotters are less than a year old and we have these under maintanence Agreement!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@roprisko4

From the Manuals category:

It sounds like "4.3.1 Deadlock: Front Panel locked + EWS password forgotten":

The paragraph mentions the security menu but does not include the means to access it...

If this is the case, the Factory Reset mentioned in Appendix C, Page 194 of the User Guide would likely not unlock the printer security.

HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer Series Hewlett Packard Limited Warranty Statement provides a basic explanation of the basic limited warranty contract.  It is my personal opinion that the basic limited warranty may indeed not cover unlocking the printer due to lost password access.

My personal opinion is not a contract or notice of coverage, nor does my opinion have any bearing on your contract with HP.

If you have a company / full maintenance agreement that covers software and unlocking, then it would be worth contacting HP again.  Offer the contract number as evidence of this extra coverage.

I will ask that someone take a look -- should there be a response, you will hear back.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.