Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 130nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had te install a new driver after installing Windows 10.  The new driver for the Designjet 130 loads as a Designjet 110plus.Both the system maintenace utilities for the 110plus as well as the 130 are rejected by the system.  The present driver cannot diagnose the system nor does it provide for maintenance. Any advice please? My intenet connection is LAN

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Sorry but you are out of luck. The utility if memory serves me only worked up to windows xp maybe 7 but is no longer supported nor is a new utility available. If you do a search on line for the service manaul some of the items you can do with the utility can be done by using the buttons on the control panel of the plotter.

HP Recommended

This makes me furious.  

So i need to perform maintenance on my HP Designjet 130 because I don't know which print head to change out.

I'm out of luck because they don't have a system maintenance I can download on line?

You can't order this CD from them either.  They simply take your money and not mail you the cd.

Suppose I have Windows 7 and the actual disk that came with the printer.  

Would I then be able to do system maintenance utility by using this disk?

HP Recommended

Go to the link below and download the 4th item on the list.

https://printerdriverseries.com/hp-designjet-30-printer-driver-and-software-series/

HP Recommended
Thank you so much. You are the best!!!
HP Recommended
That linked work and it downloaded the program. Thank you so much. However, it pulls up that screen that wants to find my printer by USB or network. It still can't see my printer.

I'm running Windows 7 professional. Do you think that could be it?
HP Recommended
Btw I can pull up my printer preferences and it has status of my printer, calibrate color, and trouble shooting menu. I can choose any of those three. Not grayed out. Just looks like it is doing something when I choose but it doesn't.
HP Recommended

Can you print from that computer. If you can then it should be able to find the printer if you choose the correct option. Another method if you have just one good extra printhead either old or new available is to insert that printhead into the plotter and the plotter will attempt to align the printheads. You will get the same sheet of blocks of color from which you should be able to tell which printhead(s0 need replacing.

HP Recommended
Okay I'm waiting for new ones to come in. As soon as I do I will see if that works. I don't mind doing everything from front panel. However, it's that color block that I want to do and I think you can't do that from front panel.
HP Recommended

What does the display on the printer show. It should show all 6 printheads with ink levels and nothing should be blinking.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.