Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DeskJet GT 5820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

My printer doesn't print black color. It seems like there is air inside the black ink tube. Ink on the out of the black printhead were dryed up, but after cleaning and manual ink pouring directly to the printhead I've got the black color back for a while. In addition, you can see that other ink tubes ain't totally of their own color, but there is some pigmentation.

Could you explain me please what went wrong and what can I do with that? Thanks!

02jktrzlK-c.jpg

jkCfnJdCpZU.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello there

I failed trying to fix the device. I called to the HP support and they sent me a brand-new set of printheads for free - try that if you will eventually have to replace the old ones. Probably the printheads replacement will help you, but I wouldn't bet on it. But anyway you have to try. If it won't help contact the support again for next steps.

In my case Russian support failed to help me. They left me with that new set of printheads and defective device and said sorry we can't help here. I decided to go further contacting the english HP support. I explained the situation and they said that they are going to discuss the issue with their russian colleagues. A couple of weeks ago the russian HP support contacted with me and said that they are going to send me a new device HP Ink Tank Wireless 419 cause HP DeskJet 5820 is not being released anymore. And a couple of weeks later I got the new printer. Af far as I can see you are from Russia, too, so that scenario could work out for you as well.

Respect english HP support! and shame on the russian one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

up

HP Recommended

@ss93

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you check the ink level in the printer?

How long are you facing this issue?

If the tubes are white or ink stained, the printer is not properly primed or out of ink.

Example of a printer not properly primed

Example of a printer out of ink with ink stained tubes

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-gt-5820-all-in-one-printer-series/8109015/document/c... For your reference.

I have sent you a private message, This could be a possible hardware issue.

I suggest you contact HP Support, for more details please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have similar issue. I have done several attempts to get heads filled and followed HP instructions. Also, I did manually pre- filled the tubes. Nothing helped. Is there any other option to get this printer work. The printer and heads were only 6months of gentle use.

I would like to explore all options before buying new set of heads, as I'm afraid it will be the same result.

Thank you,

Slava

HP Recommended

Hello there

I failed trying to fix the device. I called to the HP support and they sent me a brand-new set of printheads for free - try that if you will eventually have to replace the old ones. Probably the printheads replacement will help you, but I wouldn't bet on it. But anyway you have to try. If it won't help contact the support again for next steps.

In my case Russian support failed to help me. They left me with that new set of printheads and defective device and said sorry we can't help here. I decided to go further contacting the english HP support. I explained the situation and they said that they are going to discuss the issue with their russian colleagues. A couple of weeks ago the russian HP support contacted with me and said that they are going to send me a new device HP Ink Tank Wireless 419 cause HP DeskJet 5820 is not being released anymore. And a couple of weeks later I got the new printer. Af far as I can see you are from Russia, too, so that scenario could work out for you as well.

Respect english HP support! and shame on the russian one.

HP Recommended

Thanks for piece of advice. I'm not in Russia and bought this printer in Malaysia back in 2018. Now I am in UAE. I will try to reach local support, see what happens.

Anyway, thanks a lot for direction.

Regards Slava

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.