Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T1300
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi Folks

My HP DesignJet T1300 44-in PostScript Printer got knocked over and all the ink pooled around the service station and sled. I took the station out and cleaned it now the sled moves about a 1/4" and error 21:13 comes up. Trust you can help

Rob

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

More than likely you will need to replace the service station. Just make sure the cutter has not activated on the carriage assembly as that will prevent the service station from moving correctly. The cutter is on the left side of the carriage assembly.

HP Recommended

Thanks davidzuts for your reply.

Unfortunately I have checked the cutter and that is not the problem.

It appears the sled is only travelling in a forward direction about 1/4" and then the error code 21:13 is displayed.

I feel that something maybe restricting the full travel of the sled.

Cheers

HP Recommended

hi

take out the serice station and take off the top( 4 screws and two clips)

Make sure nothing is blocking the movement.

Sometimes one of the silver guides falls out and it will stop the sled for moving all the way to the front.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Info gringod !

I've had the top of the S/Station off a dozen times, so one more won't hurt.

I have not noticed the guides you are talking about, maybe they have fallen out!

Do you know exactly where those guides should be?

Possibly the problem!

Regards

Rob

HP Recommended

On this machine service station has two motors. One obviously seen from outside and another hidden below, inside. When service station is filled with ink most probably some ink penetrated to the motor for service sled movement, ink is corrosive, and you will need a new service station.

HP Recommended

Hi Jack B

I think your are getting close to the mark. All the other suggestion to date has been extremely appreciated, but no joy.

The motor pulses then stops and shows the error so your suggestion probably is right or whatever supplies the voltage to that motor is not cycling right. Any further comment would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rob

HP Recommended

That motor has encoder, among other by encoder machine knows where are clenaing carriage is. I think that motor supply vs encoding is wrong is some phase which triggers error 21:13. It must be that matematically over encoder machine observes movement, position and friction. If some of parameters fail you get error.

I've cleaned motor, checked photo interrupter - encoder, washed complete service station, greased (BTW there is special grese not solvable by water) put back in printer and could not get rid of error. On the other hand you cannot find just motor with worm-gear and encoder that will fit. So, I bought "NEW" service station, installed it and its working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.