Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T790 44inch

Hello there, I've got a T790 who didn't boot after 90%. After replacing the service station it goes to 94% and then gives me an error 48:00 . Looked it up on the forums but didn't found anything for this device.

So Error 48:00 and error code: 0x10308003

*Update* seems like a part was loose so it boots right now. But now I've tackled another problem which is the paper doesn't get recognised. Any idea how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Twinda,

i have searched thru the HP support website and tried to find if your T790 has this error code 48:00, but unfortunately i can't find it under the error code list of this particular printer model.

Not sure if you have solved the 48:00 issue but i found the same error code on other printer model T2500, which explained the error is PRS Actuator system failure in HP forum.

the user troubleshooting steps for this 48:00 provided in HP forum is:

1. Use the power switch at the rear to turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord.
Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the printer.
2. Perform the scan-axis PRS diagnostic test to troubleshoot the problem further.

if it doesnt work, the worst case is to replace the engine PCA.

This is the thread of the post i found in HP Forum. Hope it helps

Past Post showed 48:00 error in forum

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
HP Recommended

Hi,

Similar issue has been reported and the answer can be found here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/error-48-00/td-p/599...

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
HP Recommended

Hello Twinda,

The Error 48: 00 Problem Description: PPS system failure ;

Corrective action: Try the following:

Switch the power off from the back of the product and disconnect the power cord.

Reconnect the power cord and power on the product.

If still same issue, please contact HP for onsite engineer visit for

Pen to Paper Space (PPS) Solenoid replacement.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.