Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Latex 360

I keep getting the error 08:04.1 alongwith the message "If problem persists, check for latest firmware release" however we have already updated the firmware!!  any help will be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You say you have already updated to the latest firmware release. Did you do this after the error or was it done recently before you got the error. The reason I ask is the error is a communication issue between the control panel and the rest of the printer due to bad firmware. Suggest you use the instructions below to perform a firmware upgrade using a usb thumbdrive.

USB firmware update:

If it is not possible to perform a firmware update using the Embedded Web Server (for instance, if the printer has a System Error and the Embedded Web Server is inaccessible), it is still possible to do it using a USB flash drive.

1.Turn off the printer.

2.Ensure that your USB flash drive contains a valid FMW firmware file and no other files.

3.Connect the USB flash drive to the USB host port on the Formatter.

4.Turn on the printer and follow the instructions on the front panel.

HP Recommended

Hi. I've got the same problem with my HP 365. After start printing sometimes I've got error 08:04.01. I've already done a firmware upgrade via USB flash. What can I do more?

HP Recommended

did anyone find a way to fix this?

my printer is not connecting to my computer and i get that same message, i have the latest firmware.

HP Recommended

recently I saw it on my two repair Z3100 with new virgen HD & when it booted up & 79:04  error..... restart   08:04.1   .. then I retarted & went thru....

restart it, maybe a few more trieds....

if nothing work, to the dead end   . try  ....   press     down arrow   Ok...    power on & reset eprom. then go thru

test printhead procedure....

HP Recommended

I figured out the problem... for some reason my IP address changed - the last three numbers of my IP address were .141, I was looking through the Network settings and noticed the last three had changed to .147...  no clue how that happened.

I changed the printer setup info in my rip software and the HP web access software to the new IP address and everything is working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.