Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z3100
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I get the error code 22.1:10 On my hp Designjet Z3100.  I was just forced to replace the gloss enhancement cartridge (I don't use it because I only print on canvas) and now I get this code.  Would a factory reset help and if so, how do I do it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Possiemae2 

A  factory reset won't help because the error code is related to the ink supply station, the way you forced to replace the gloss enhancer somehow affected the printer and most likely the printer now needs to be serviced.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I really don't know where to find a technician.  Is there anything I can try first?  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Possiemae2 

Unfortunately there is nothing else I can suggest you more than to get an onsite service. I would like to know if you replaced the gloss enhancer and how did you do it, as I said before the error code says that the ink supply station is defective and there is a test in the printer's diagnostics menu to either confirm that or maybe the gloss enhancer cartridge is causing the problem.

Can you turn the printer off and then restart it w/o the gloss enhancer to know if in this way the same error shows up?

Please advise, thank you.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Someone please help.  I had to call technician because of error code.  It was a broken wire which he fixed and ran a perfect diagnostic test and a beautiful print.  When I went back later and tried to run more prints from the photo files I had stored on my computer, the results were terrible.  Prints are very dark and muddy--not even similar to previous results.  The beautiful print he ran was from one of these same files.  I changed nothing--printhead, cartridge, or anything.  I have checked everything I know to check.  I have gone over the settings of the printer and can find nothing.  When I troubleshoot, it says it is working properly.  I only print on canvas.  When I am about to run a print, it tells me there is a conflict because of gloss enhancer that it will correct.  I can't understand that since I am setting it on matte canvas and have gloss enhancer turned off.  I feel there is probably something just set wrong.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello @Possiemae2 

I suggest you having the same technician back and to check all the settings to make sure everything is fine. In the mean time if you print from Photoshop I will suggest you exporting any of your files to pdf and try printing and compare the results. What is the conflict message about the gloss enhancer? Also make sure that the paper profile selected when loading the media is the same in the program.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.