Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Z6200 60"
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need help with solving Error code 86:01. Before replacing the belt (belt broke) error already causing it to malfunction and giving errror code 86:01. I replaced the belt (it wasn't too hard) but when it started doing the scan axis it made a big noise again and gave me the error.  "86:01- Possible printer malfunction. The printer will reboot and attempt to find the failing part. While the process runs, you may be ask to perform some actions. The process takes a few minutes to complete. Press OK to continue."

Thanks,

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please perform Scan Axis Motor perform from dianosis mode if failed please replace it. Most of time Scan Axis Motor failed to proper perform.

Please ensure also carriage rail is not dry, if dry please lubricant it for properly moment the carriage unit.

Regards,

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Hi Rashed- Thanks for the prompt reply. I forgot to mention that I could not pass the error code screen, as soon as it failed the scan axis will show the error screen, so I am not able to perform any diagnosis.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

There is a service test menu you access while turning on the plotter. See the attached.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.