Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T830
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HP T830 error message: The paper loaded in the printer does not match the paper required for the print job. I have checked all settings in the print driver and it appears to be set for the roll or "use printer settings". The printer paper setting is roll and the box is checked. Still each time I print I get this message. I can tell it to print anyway and it does so fine. This is a new printer and setup.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Before you print & must define the print paper size correctly in print setting. Check 

software you are using  to define the right paper size for you document

You first see whar size is your image or document, then go to print setting, according to

the paper loaded, then define the paper size, in portrait or landscape mode , also print quality,

icc profile etc etc.

It is a very commen problem for someone who is new to the printer & software. There is no

easy way , just simply click print & get what you want.

Try few more small test prints & for sure you will have the problem solved .

HP Recommended

I have tried thie with the same results from Autocad, Revit and adobe. I'm trying t oprint a D size sheet (24x36) and getting the same results from each program. In the printer properties dialog, I see the following:

General Tab does show paper available as Letter.

Preferences...

Paper/Quality Tab:

shows document size as Arch D 24x36"

Paper source says Roll (I have also tried Use Printer Settings)

Paper Type: Use Printer Settings (Have also tried Plain Paper)

Quicksets: Factory Default (I have also tried CAD)

Margins: Print with margins, clip contents by margins

Layout/Output Tab:

Set to actual size, Portrait,

Autorotate: I have set this twice and it changes back to  Avoid Clipping

No Roll Options are checked

All of the same settings show when I go into preferences from the various applications. Printer still gives the same error message.

Any new thoughts? I cannot seem to find any setting that is directing prints to the tray.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

on Windows main screen >   start   >  device and printers  > right ckick your printer > printing preference

> custom >  enter name 24x36   >under on width ...   enter 36   ( assume you have 36" roll )  >

on length  ,,,   enter 26"     keep little for margin   >>    click     save   

click   landscape  .     if you see      setting     click   & choose print quality & speed you like.

click   ok       then     apply    

(   make sure click apply & this setting will be default on all softwares.  but not 100%
& from time to time I still see other sizes ).

Try & see how it come out.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help and suggestions. This didn't change anything. In my humble opinion, the plotter should operate like the one it replaced. It should know it has a roll of paper and what size that rol is. It should manage rotating a plot based on the sheet size plotted and the available width of the loaded paper. Same for a PDF or any other application. We print multiple sizes depending on the project and sometimes change out the paper width so we don't have to trim a 30x42 sheet. Previous plotter did not have the paper tray load, so that's different, but it still shouldn't require anything custom to work and it should remain flexible for the different sizes without having to change the paper size for each plot. I do believe the previous plotter settings for the sheet size in the preferences didn't even matter.

I do have a 36" roll of genuine HP paper loaded, fyi. In the Paper/Quality tab, under currently loaded paper, it says:

Roll: Plain Paper, 36.06 inches

Multi-sheet tray: Not loaded

Single sheet: Not loaded

The autocad file sheet is set to Arch D, same as the preferences.

Thanks to anyone with a sugestion!

HP Recommended

You can use any size of rolls & the smallest I used was 13" which I cut from the large roll. I wrote last message

just an example & you can apply to any size rolls.

There were no smart printers .

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Good day

Actually I have the same problem with HP DesignJet T730. 

The paper loaded in printer is roll 36''.  

In the Paper/Quality tab, under currently loaded paper, it says:

Roll: Plain Paper, 36.06 inches

Multi-sheet tray: Not loaded

Single sheet: Not loaded

In the printer properties dialog i set paper source as roll and size sheet as 24 x 36. 

When I try to print there is such error: 

The paper loaded in the printer does not match the paper required for the print job. 

The message on display said it's roll reloaded, but your print job ask multi-sheet tray. 

Each time i should go to the plotter and choose "print any way".

DH1411,  have you solved this problem by yourseld since your last post?

HP Recommended

I keep getting a similar message. it says a 36.1" paper size roll is installed. It is a 36". I keep getting a paper missized error for 36" paper. Also our prints are about .1" off center. It's a problem for aour survey drawings because the margins must be a certain size according to code. The printer is a T730

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue with a T830.  Customer is printing a PDF file that has a 24 x 36 image created on a 36 x 24 PDF page size.  With 36 inch paper loaded, prints first page, then cuts off second page.  Second page only has 1/4 of the image.  Unable to change to lanscape format.  If I choose to let PDF file format drive paper selection, I can get file to print, but cannot choose landscape.  Wastes a lot of paper.  Random wrong paper errors.  With 24 inch paper loaded, some pages print, some cause paper error.   If anyone has a successful solution, please let me know.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.