Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP 792

We bought two, pre-owned large format HP 792 printers to make fleet graphics a part of our existing business model. New to printing, we had no idea HP would ever just quit supporting a printer all together. Seller (print co) failed to mention the EOL status to us as well.

Any suggestions for sourcing quality after market print heads and other similar replacement parts/equipment so that we can run these two (new to us) printers for a few more years? Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have you checked ebay yet?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you. New to this large format printing space, we were hoping to learn (generally speaking) if there is mainstream availability of EOL printer parts and such for at least a few years...or if we should stockpile these things now. Again, thanks in advance from the dufus-newbie squad. 

HP Recommended

There are a couple people who participate on the forum here that also handle parts and supplies.  I don't recall exactly who right now but I'll look around.  I would suggest you make contact with them and see if they can be a supplier for you.  Ebay is a pretty good source if you know what you're looking for.  

There is one that I use regularly (as needed);  https://www.lpscomputer.com/

They're very helpful in both advice and parts.  I've never had a bad transaction with them and they've saved me time and money in the past so I use them whenever I can.  Highly recommended.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

aliexpress or alibaba is the only place for a steady supply of consumables. As HP has decided to force everyone into buying new printers, I would recommend just going to overseas suppliers that recognize that everyone doesn't have 30 - 50K for a new printer. The new printers aren't that great anyway, and still have bugs that HP won't address (I probably won't be going back to HP in the future). You'll get the same response to basically every question -- "make sure to replace the printheads and do an alignment"

There is a supplier on alibaba that sells brand new factory sealed printheads and cartridges,  you have to buy a lot of them. Or you can go the re-manufactured option which is half price. Just make sure you shake them for at least a minute or 2 as the pigment settles over time. Don't even bother buying the re-manufactured printheads, just useless. If a cartridge doesn't work then take a video and show the seller, they will refund you. 

The other problem you'll have is the cleaning cartridge. Once you run out of those then the printer is done. You can rewind them, but it's a messy time consuming task.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.