Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi. I just bought a designjet 8000s from somebody on ebay. The guy sent me the Onix Rip, but no hardware key

I am trying to set up the machine using the flexisign 8 and the flexi 10 also. Nothing works. after sending anytihing to print

appears this message: can not connect with the printer. I have changed the usb cables, 2 different computers, etc. any driver or something? I appreciate your help. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sure there is. Please note attached

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Sure there is. Please note attached

HP Recommended

Thanks. I already opened the file. I will try installing it tomorrow morning.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I download the driver in that link (select all and right click / install) but nothink works. On the printer lcd says printer ready , and its online. I run out of ideeas, please help. PS: i use windows xp sp3 32 bit, an the usb 2.0 is installed on pc

HP Recommended
When you plug in the usb cable does it see the plotter. If not, then maybe an issue with the cable or the usb ports on the computer. If you have a notebook try connecting it to see if it sees the plotter as it should.
HP Recommended
Yes , i try with 3 usb cables , but nothing happens. I am starting to ask my self maybe is a problem with the electronic board on printer , but it pass all the tests from the printer menu. Another interesting thing is that from the menu i disable the beep (sound), the printer show me that the sound is off , but it still beeping. I try to install it on 2 computers , one is with win xp and another is my thinkpad t61 , with win 7 and a virtual machine running win xp mode. Nothing works. In the printer menu , usb speed is fast speed , and on adress is #000, but i cannot modify anithing there.
HP Recommended

So..., I opened the printer main board, and it was a mess . The wires are broken, somebody enter there and leave a total mess. I sent the board to a ethnicity , hoping that it may be fix. If not, i must search for a new or good main pca board. Thank for support

HP Recommended

I downloaded the zip file you attached... because I also bought a 8000s on ebay and my laptop running windows 8.1 / 64 bit recoginzes the hp 8000s but not as a printer its unidentified when you go in and try to update drivers it cant be found, you zip only has 3 files in it there is no executable file, echousb security catalog, ECHOUSB Setup Info and ECHOUSB.SYS.... Is someone able to assist me with a driver that that will work with windows 8.1 / 64 bit  I am going to be using a RIP Program Shiraz to print files... HELP I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING hp will not help.

HP Recommended

Same issue, have to reinstall windows in 32 bit version...

i know sucks...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.