Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I recently obtained a job in an old office building for a wildlife company. One of my tasks is to update the software and download the driver/ patches needed to run the HP Designjet 500 plotter on all of the computers in the office over a network.  Currently the computers are running on windows 10 but will be updated to windows 11 soon. Is it still possible to use this plotter? I began by downloading all the of the drivers necessary from the HP website and tried to link the printer with no luck. What might I be doing wrong? Is the driver a replacement for original software or do I need both? 

HELP! Im no Tech gal. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You will need to manually configure a printer by creating a TCP/IP port first and then when prompted for a driver point the install software to the folder where you downloaded the driver. Have you confirmed that the printer is active on the network by either accessing the EWS or pinging the printer?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I believe I am not able to confirm that the printer is on the network because the printer display has a large X marked over the top which I have read indicates that the firmware has not been properly installed. What sort of steps might I take to ping the printer or to access the EWS? I do know how to manually configure the printer by creating a TCP/IP port.

HP Recommended

Here is a link to the latest firmware which is dated july of 2020 HP DesignJet T500 Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support     and here is a link for print drivers for Windows 11  HP DesignJet T500 Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support    which is dated april of 2022

Good luck with the machine ! Its a good model 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.