Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Design Jet Universal HPGL2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a plotter printer that keeps going offline. It is connected to the network via Ethernet. It has to be restarted and unplugged from the network and plugged back in before it will come online and be able to print to via the network. It takes about 45 minutes for it to appear online and to be usable. In this time it goes offline it is in sleep mode. Not sure if it going into sleep mode is related. Anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi!

Can you share the model of your DesignJet. There are few model that has this issue and its solved with firmware upgrade.

HP Recommended

Check the port type you are using for the driver. Windows 10 loves to use WSD ports but these have a lot of problems with not reconnecting to the printer after sleep mode and then showing the printer offline. I suggest you try using a Standard TCP/IP port as the port type for the driver. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Sounds like a possible duplicate IP address issue. If the printer is using DHCP change it to static/manual and assign a static or reserved IP address to it. IT must be static or reserved to avoid duplicate IP issues.

If that's not it then it could be the driver especially if it is loaded on a print server. Make sure the correct driver is being used and there are not remnants of other/older drivers tied to the same IP address.

If you are still having issues try resetting the EEROM in diagnostic mode. You may have to reconfigure IP address and scan to network settings after doing this.

Hope that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.