Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 1050C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our old 1050 has been a workhorse in this small office, producing 9,000+ D-sized prints over the years since first put into service in 10/99.  Most recently, I had to replace the drive belt that moves the jets across the sheet.  The old one literally exploded.  Some years back, I lost the ability to plot directly from my CAD program, but the work-around was to save my CAD to PDF (which is a natural ability of my CAD program) and then print the PDF from Adobe Reader.  A couple of weeks ago (W10 upgrade?) I also lost the ability to print PDF's from Adobe.  I'm hard wired via Cat5 and a switch as has been the situation always.  When I hit "print", the plotter says "receiving" as it should, but nothing prints.  It IS capable of printing; I can request internal reports of status and defaults, but prints that have been sent simply disappear without a trace when the "receiving" message goes away.  Local tech suggested a driver update, but realistically, the last driver for this is dated 2002 and HP's site says "not supported" for W10.  Hopefully this just didn't become a boat anchor.

I'd appreciate any ideas to make this run again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

your problem is a windows 10 update from 2-3 weeks ago. Trust me,,,, everyone with older designjets 500, 800, 1050c etc been having the same problem after a W10 update.

go into your windows update history and remove the update that is the culprit. you can find more info on this by searching the recent threads on the main page. there is nothing wrong with your plotter.

i have a 1050c and use windows8, but I don't have this problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Making a latest updated WIN 10computer to print on a 20 yo printer can be tricky.

Any chance you get a computer running WIN 7 only to be used for printing to DJ 1050?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Because the DJ seems to "receive" but not print, is there any way to re-install firmware on the DJ?  Maybe it has been corrupted.

HP Recommended

your problem is a windows 10 update from 2-3 weeks ago. Trust me,,,, everyone with older designjets 500, 800, 1050c etc been having the same problem after a W10 update.

go into your windows update history and remove the update that is the culprit. you can find more info on this by searching the recent threads on the main page. there is nothing wrong with your plotter.

i have a 1050c and use windows8, but I don't have this problem.

HP Recommended

Mind posting drivers that will work for a 1050c on windows 10, i tried and gave up and i'm having issues with my T2300 unit also. I just think the software and driver hp has are pardon my french #@#@!

It's not Microsoft's job to make hp plotters work with windows 10, these two machine's are the last hp printer/plotters i will ever buy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.