Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 450C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm about to buy a HP DesignJet 450C, but I can't find any 64 bit driver for it. I successfully installed a DesignJet 430 driver on my Windows 10 box.  Can I expect that it will work with the 450C?

I'm not interested in color printing, just technical drawings. 

I would appreciate any idea, alternative drivers, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting the question.As you mentioned, there is no full software installation for Win 10 64 bit on hp support site.

You need to use the built-in driver comes with Windows 10 to install the the printer. 

Thanks,

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting the question.As you mentioned, there is no full software installation for Win 10 64 bit on hp support site.

You need to use the built-in driver comes with Windows 10 to install the the printer. 

Thanks,

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Hello KalmanKeri,

HP has stopped selling or providing service support for DesignJet 450C for many years already. So updates for driver, software or firmware are not available. If the DesignJet that you are going to buy is a used printer, you will have to consider printer reliable due to part tear and wear over the years. Service replaceable parts such as belt, motors, gears, rollers, electronics no longer available from HP and may be difficult and costly to get. Please consider about the challenges you may face for hardware support and software/driver support with new Window release

Back to your driver query, please review this post and try some of the steps suggested. I hope it works for you.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/HP-DesignJet-450C-Wi...

You may also consider some latest designjet printers that are fully supported by HP, such as DesignJet T120

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/large-format-printers/designjet-printers/t120.html

HP Recommended

Hello BOTaK!

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately all the links in the suggested topic are broken so I couldn't download any driver.

I think this old model will do it as a first plotter. Its price reflects its condition.  When it finally breaks down I will consider buying a more recent model. 

HP Recommended

Here is the link to

HP Designjet Universal Print Driver HP-GL/2 and HP RTL

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-universal-print-driver-series-for-windows/503548...

just update not long ago and supports Win 10 64bit. Hopefully this works for you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.