Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T125 24-in
Microsoft Windows XP

I can't install HP DesignJet T125 in my Windows XP computer. When I try to download drivers from website, it don't support XP. Is there any way to solve this problem?
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

for the HPGL Driver when adding a printer in windows when choosing driver click on have a disk and select the unzipped folder then select any .inf file, it will add the HPGL Driver in the list of HP driver, it should work

about T120 it's the same family you can use it.

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Please use below driver is working well with Windows XP,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL44650/pl-108385-8/HPDesignJetT120PCL3.exe

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately it desnt work - during driver installation, the printer cannot be found even though it is connected. So the drivers work on XP, but not with this printer (my printer is DesignJet T125 not T120) 😉

HP Recommended

Hello,

You can select T120 instead of T125 its the same family or you can use HPGL Driver from here 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

the T120 printer driver doesn't work with the T125 printer (it can't find it even though it's connected via usb).
As for the second file that you sent to me, honestly I've no idea what to do with it, I only have the option unzip, and after unpacking there's no .exe file. What should I do with these files after unpacking? Sorry for these questions, but I've already tried many possibilities and the printer still doesn't work.
Thanks for your patience!

HP Recommended

Hi,

for the HPGL Driver when adding a printer in windows when choosing driver click on have a disk and select the unzipped folder then select any .inf file, it will add the HPGL Driver in the list of HP driver, it should work

about T120 it's the same family you can use it.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you, it worked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.