Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
hp designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I try to run a queue on the HP Designjet 500 24" I can't just leave it to it.

Because after between 10-20 minutes it stops printing and the replace ink cartridge alert comes up.

This is very random and can be any ink colour.

I have to take the cartridge out and then re-insert and it carries on printing for a while then it happens again.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening.

cart.jpg

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

try this way :
remove the ink, there is a silver piece verical metal, pull it out little, so the ink cartridge rest tighter. do it for rest colors.

before I repaired a DJ1100 44" & ink cartridges always pop up & I could not pass printhead alignment. after hours failure & I found out

the ink cardtrige was higher, so I push it down & it worked, then when again. Finally I got a idea to pull those metals outer
& problem solved....
no garrantee, try it.... also check the inktubes & make sure no air bubbles...
from you photo, the left ink was empty....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.