Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Odd issue with my HP 500 - if I try to print anything it stops printing yellow during the print. The print carries on as normal to completion but no yellow after about 9 - 12 " of whatever I am printing.

I have changed the cartridges and changed the printhead but no change. I stripped down the ink station and cant see any issues. I have even tried purging the tubes but still the same.

I am thinking maybe a leaky seal so new ink tubes required - anyone got any suggestions please?

Thanks

Darren

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

any color missing & messed up whole image.

You can find a syringe/injector, use replace printhead option & move the carriage out.

unplug the power cord. remove yellow printhead & insert syringe needle into the center of nozzle,

slowly draw out ink, I am sure you will see bubbles, draw till solid color. do the same for other colors.

clean contacts & insert printhead back & power on. perform a printhead alignment.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice. I tried and solid ink , no bubbles so I have ordered a new printhead. The one I installed was a cheap refurb so maybe a genuine one will solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Last december, I bought 2 set of #11 printheads from China on Ebay, really cheapy... $42 a set of

4.  all working perfectly.

Most seller selling way outdated printheads, like 2007   etc.. all empty.

For hp genuines, those dark color box  with cyan butterfly     ,   dated about 2013 or later ok...

good to have a good set for spare.....do not leave it idle for too long time.  do a color alignment vey few days

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.