Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day everyone

I am trying to find the driver for an HP Designjet 800 42 inch plotter. I am running Windows 10 64 bit and it seems I am having a rather difficult time locating this driver from a virus free zone. I would very much apreciate anyones help or assistance in locating this driver.

Thank you all very much for your time and wish you all a great day.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The Windows 7 x64 drivers available from HP here for the Designjet 800 should work fine in Windows 10 x64.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Please, correct link to drivers for HP Designjet 800ps. Thank you.

HP Recommended

your posting was good to see, but doesn't work the link is ?? Still need help with the driver that work on 

HP Designjet 800 plotter.  Thanks 

HP Recommended

The driver pages have been reorganized, the current link for Designjet 800 drivers for Windows 7 x64 (which should work fine in Windows 10 x64) are here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-800-printer-series/25302/swI...

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Has anyone been able to find the printer driver/software for HP Designjet 800.  Just spent an hour on the phone with HP and they said it was discontinued and nowhere to be found - please help!

HP Recommended

FYI... None of these drivers work for the HPDJ 800.

HP Recommended

@rekceb wrote:

FYI... None of these drivers work for the HPDJ 800.

What operating system?  I just downloaded the driver on my Windows 10 x64 system and it installed fine.  Note the installation is a bit different - you need to run the downloaded file.  This will prompt for a location to unzip the driver.  Make note of the directory where the files are unzipped.  You can then go to the Devices and Printers folder, add a printer, select the proper port, then select "Have disc" and browse to the folder where the driver was stored.

The driver is signed and there are various models of Designjet 500, 510 and 800 offered.

DJ 800.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

We use Windows 10 x64 on all of our computers.  I could not find a driver for the HPDJ 800 so I used the one for the 500 as someone suggested.  They load fine but when I am done and go to print a test page, I get an error.  I also tried printing right from AutoCAD and it has an error stating a problem with the driver.

Can you point me to the driver for the 800?

HP Recommended

The Windows x64 driver for the Designjet 800 is available here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-800-printer-series/25302/swI...

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.