Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem which has occurred recently, but I have struggled to find an answer.

The error in the picture has appeared, there is also a flashing cross at the right hand side.

Is this repairable? or will it cost more than it's worth?IMG_4280.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Looked through the service manual and couldn't see anything like the picture you posted.

What's the printer doing?  Does it print?  Does it respond to input from the control panel?  Does it ever show any codes when booting up?

You might try removing all the ink cartridges and print heads.  Then reboot and see what it tells you.

Parts are still plentiful and reasonably priced for this model.  They're worth fixing IMO because they're probably one of the better printers HP put out.  Check Ebay for parts availability.  Or send me a PM.  I have several parts that would work on this model.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

The right side houses the service station so. Over time these fill with waste ink and eventually seize up. Remove the right cover and observe the printer when fired up. Watch for movement in the service station. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Think I may have found the problem.

I recently had to replace the ink tube cover because of a broken clip.

I removed the cables from the Interconnect PCA shown in the picture, and I think I didn't reconnect correctly.

I removed them again and re-attached and once powered up, everything was fine, for now anyway.Interconnect PCAInterconnect PCA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.