Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T530
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I ask HP for a printer to print photographs in high quality. They recommended the Designjet T530. After nearly 3 weeks of waiting, due to a shipping hickup by FedEx, I got the printer and set it up. Heavens!!! The quality of printing is way below standard and it made me sick to my stomach to even attempt to print any of my photos on it. On a scale of 1-10, the quality of the printing is below a 5!! It is sad, honestly, but Walmart prints better quality photos. I am wondering, if, perhaps, I am not using the correct software or I am doing something wrong? I mean, after spending over $1200, I should have gorgeous prints...right? If anyone can suggest something I havent already tried, other than printing out my entire stock of paper and ink...I would greatly appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You got a totally wrong recommendation, the Designjet T530 is the printer for technical drawings ( Autocad, schematics) not for HQ photos.

You can increase print quality in your print driver and by using appropriate paper type and print quality setting.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.