Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have had our HP Designjet T730 priner for a couple of years now and have been printing with AutoCAD LT 2017 & 2018 and PDF files just fine until the last week.

The issue started just over a week ago, when trying to plot on AutoCAD using the same plot file as normal but a AutoCAD LT Warning message appeared saying

"HP Designjet T730.pc3: This Plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem, The None plot device has been substituted."

After checking the HP website there was an important update file, this has now been installed with new drivers installed.

After configuring AutoCAD to work with this HP update everything seemed to be working just fine until the printer starting to print the drawing. For some reason the printer would only print 70% of the width of the roll (70% width of the printable area). it literally just stops printing at roughly 70% of the width of the page and everything after that point is blank.

I have checked all setting i know about from page sizes, margins etc but just can not print to full width of roll.

When in AutoCAD i can print fine to PDF and full page shows, even trying to then print from the PDF copy the printer still doesn't print on 30% of the page instead just leaves a blank space.

We have tried unplugging the printer leaving for a while then rebooting but still the same issue.

Is there anything else i can try?

Thank you.
Shane

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

We are having the EXACT same issues and this happened around the EXACT same time as you.  Wondering if it is a windows 10 issue.  there was an update last week.  

We tried everything you had done, new drivers, different setups on Adobe, etc.  Very frustrating!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

After calling the HP support center I have resolved this issue and printing just fine.

• Firstly go to Control panel > View Devices and printers > select the T730 printer and remove device.
  • then go on the HP driver website  https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t730-printer/8764508 download and install HP DesignJet T Series HPGL2 Installer once downloaded open the installer it will have 3/4 items selected to install you only need to select the driver as you will probably have all the other software installed already so you can uncheck the others.
  • Once the driver is installed go to control panel > View Devices and printers > Right click on Hp Designjet T730 > Printing preferences
  • Printing preferences window will open at the top you will have Tabs click on Advanced then you should see a catergory called Printer Features click on this to enable seeing sub catergories one of the sub catergories will be send job as bitmap : Enable this (By enabling this your computer will lay the print on one layer which makes it easier for the printer to read the file and print quicker rather than sending a file with multiple layers to your printer to then your printer having to work on converting the multiple layers to a single layer)

By doing the above you should now be able to print just fine you may need to make your custom paper size if required.

Hope this helps. 

I thought i would give as much detail as i could to help you as it took my over an hour on the phone to HP to get this resolution.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.