Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Latex 360 Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello,

This has been an issue for years... trying to update the firmware on my HP Latex 360. 

I have tried to update the firmware a few different ways... from the printer panel, from the web browser, as well as manually downloading and uploading the specific firmware via web browser... all with no success and different errors.

One error I receive is 74:01 "The firmware file could not be uploaded to the printer."

Another is a Connectivity error.. "The firmware update package signature is wrong or missing."

I have googled these errors/this issue and don't see any legitimate solutions. I tried a recommended solution to... "power printer off, unplug power cables, reseat and power back on, try update again..."  This did nothing.

Currently installed FW version is NEXUS_01_16_00.8

New FW version is NEXUS_01_18_11.1

Any suggestions/solutions are appreciated. 

Thank you for your time

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

if you haven't tried yet with USB flash drive (FD), it's still the sure way of installing firmware, but some checks must be done before uploading from FD - make sure flash drive is FAT32 formatted, USB 2.0 compatible, 2GB at least  and no errors are present. Download firmware file and check integrity - must be downloaded completely  not partially or with some errors (if cancelled downloading of broken net connectivity, try not to continue but to download again whole file). Copy firmware file to FD without errors and it must be only this file there. (also may check after copying for no errors the FD) Turn off printer from front panel button, insert FD in USB slot, turn on printer and observe instructions on front panel. If all is OK, new Firmware should be installing and follow procedures. But if some errors are with new version, try to remove some unused substrate profiles, do file integrity check also - go to Front panel - Settings - Preventive maint. tasks - File system check. And try to repeat Firmware update procedure from flash drive...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.