Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Does any body know what part #s correspond to the "HP Maintenance Kit PMK2 for HP DesignJet Z9 44in" ? My HP Z9+ 44" is telling me I need this soon. Online vendors including the HP Store do not list a product or products by this name. A British website says the Preventive Maintenance Kit 2 includes

• Service Station Assembly
  • Line Sensor
  • Left Spittoon

I assume that is the same in the USA (I live in Maine).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are good with tools probably yes, a free service manual is available, just follow the manual
https://www.laserpros.com/img/manuals/hp-manuals/hp-designjet-t1700-t1708-z6-z9-service-manual.pdf 

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Valsimot_0-1705781797655.png

The above table is from the service manual. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks. Can I install these myself or must an HP certified technician do it? My printer is 3.5 years old and not in warranty or covered by service agreements anymore.

HP Recommended

If you are good with tools probably yes, a free service manual is available, just follow the manual
https://www.laserpros.com/img/manuals/hp-manuals/hp-designjet-t1700-t1708-z6-z9-service-manual.pdf 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Finally got all the parts and I am stuck trying to get the HP Z9+ 44" left cover off. I removed all the screws indicated by the HP service manual, but the rear section of the cover is stuck on something, so the cover won't come off. It's almost as if there's a screw in the middle of that section that HP forgot to tell you must be removed. IMG_1556.jpg

HP Recommended

Did  you get the screws on the backside of the panel that you say is sticking. There is one or two screws that are accessed from the cavity where the printer paper goes.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Repairtrooper, I unscrewed the top two screws of the left panel from the roll paper area, which are shown on page 361 of the manual (step 7). Are there others that should also be removed? The rear left section of the end cover (panel section) seems to stick in the middle, but there is nothing in the manual that shows removing screws in that specific area.

HP Recommended

I do not remember the number of screws, but it is easy to remove the wrong one, some hold the outer panel in place, some hold the inner panel in place. Try to loosen other screws to see if the panel starts to loosen. Remove as appropriate. When all screws are removed, this panel slides off very easily. I have never had it hang on anything.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.