Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-02-2019 12:22 PM
Thank you for joining the HP Support Community
I suggest you do a Hard Reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Try updating the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/768...
Restart the printer.
If the issue persists, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for one on one interaction.
Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp
Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest
Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect
Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.
Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day ahead!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community