Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet 510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Designjet 510 24" printer showing System error 21:10 - Service Station Error - 3rd possible problem is Blockage.  Is this something I can repair myself or only a technition?  and if I can are instructions of any kind available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

open right cover & check inside service station. a small piece of paper could caused it. from the past,

I saw couple times already.

You need a T15?  screw driver and unscrew 1 beside the blue media handle, 1 to the front, 1 under ink cover &

2 by the back near the media spindle. check with service manual.

You have a newer model & should have less error.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

open right cover & check inside service station. a small piece of paper could caused it. from the past,

I saw couple times already.

You need a T15?  screw driver and unscrew 1 beside the blue media handle, 1 to the front, 1 under ink cover &

2 by the back near the media spindle. check with service manual.

You have a newer model & should have less error.

HP Recommended

Jason thanks for the help.  Your description of the cover removal inspired me to at least take a look.

I found a large glob of black ink stopping a concaved wheel from turning.  Once cleaned printer worked like a charm.

Thanks again  Dan Ward

HP Recommended

You are very welcome. Learn how to change the belt next , soon or later you will encounter that problem.

frequently clean the encorder strip, silver metal rod, also lubricate it.

around year 2000, I bought my first new dj500 42" and was happy to print, print, print. Then after about

2 years & the belt started to drop tiny pieces & I started to learn how to take care my own printer.

Everyone must learn to take care their own printers .

HP Recommended

IMG_20170826_104602.jpg

hi,

might a broken wire also be the reason for the error?

thanks

HP Recommended

No idea what your picture is showing us. The error is always caused by a malfunction of the service station. It can be the station itself or an obstruction preventing it from moving correctly. The service station is located on the right side and is plugged into the interconnect board on that side. A better description of your issue might help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.